Fujifilm MKX 50-135mm T2.9 XF Mount
Fujifilm MKX 50-135mm T2.9 XF Mount
The lens delivers high optical performance and comfortable operability for professional video shooting. Along with MKX18-55mmT2.9, MKX50-135mmT2.9 is the first full manual cinema lens to be compatible with the X Series interchangeable camera. In the 35mm format equivalent, MKX50-135mmT2.9 covers a focal distance from 76mm to 206mm and achieves a constant T2.9 aperture across the entire zoom range, enabling a shallow depth of field as well as a beautiful bokeh effect. The lens design is optimized for shooting videos as it minimizes focus shift and optical axis shift while zooming, and reduces lens breathing (the change of angle of view during focusing). The lens also features three rings to enable manual and independent operation of focus, zoom and iris (aperture), all with the gear pitch of 0.8M (module). The focus rings can rotate fully up to 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing. These features make the lens very comfortable and convenient to operate.
- MKX50-135mmT2.9 uses 22 glass elements in 17 groups, with two super ED lens elements and two ED lens elements.
- It has T2.9 aperture across the entire zoom range which facilitates the increasingly popular style of bokeh effect with shallow depth-of-field. This also eliminates the need to re-adjust lighting, contributing to shortening shooting time.
- The MKX lens achieves advanced optical performance despite its compact and lightweight body by incorporating the benefits of short flange focal distance of X Mount into optical design to the maximum extent. This accommodates shooting with a limited number of people.
- The electrical contact to communicate with the X Series camera not only corrects the distortion and the color/brightness shading, but also achieves various color expressions with Film Simulation modes.
Supress focus shift while zooming
The front focusing group of lens elements and the zooming group of lens elements are driven independently from one another to suppress focus shift while zooming, which eliminates the need to re-focus after zooming in or out. The optical and mechanical approach means there is no time lag as seen in an electrical control system.
Supress lens breathing
The use of the front inner-focusing system controls lens breathing (change of angle of view during focusing which achieves smooth focusing in an impressive scene.
Supress optical axis shift while zooming
Manufacturing technology developed for conventional FUJINON cine lenses is applied to control optical axis shift while zooming, achieving intended composition every time.
- The focus ring features a rotation of a full 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing even when shooting with a shallow depth-of-field where a high degree of precision is required.
- The lens features three fully manual rings to enable independent adjustment of focus, zoom and iris (aperture). This enables intuitive operations which cannot be attained with an electrical mechanism that typically causes time lag.
- All the operation rings have a gear pitch of 0.8M, the same as all other FUJINON cine lenses, which allows the use of all standard third party accessories for video production, e.g. Follow Focus that enable accurate and smooth focusing.
- The iris supports seamless adjustment that is free of clicking. This enables precise and silent exposure adjustment while also preventing camera shake caused by the clicking.
|Lens configuration||22 elements 17 groups (includes 2 extra low dispersion elements and 2 super extra low dispersion elements)|
|Focal length||f50-135mm (76-206mm)|
|Angle of view||31.7 - 12.0|
|Min. aperture||F22 - Close|
|Aperture control||Number of blades 9(rounded diaphragm opening)Step size : None|
|Focus range||1.2m / 3ft. 11in. - 8 [with wide macro function 0.85m / 2ft. 9in. - (at wide end)]|
|External dimensions : Diameter x Length (approx.) distance from camera lens mount flange||87mm x 206.6mm|
|Weight (approx.) excluding caps, hoods, support foot, and tripod collar foot)||1,100g|
|Accessories included||Tripod collar foot Support foot Zoom lever Lens cap FLCP-82 Lens rear cap RLCP-001 Lens hood Wrapping cloth|