Benro FH100M2 Filter Holder Master Mark II
Benro FH100M2 Filter Holder Master Mark II
EAN / UPC : 6931747306992
The most innovative and user-friendly holder for 100mm filters
- Move gradient filters quickly and accurately with a rotary knob
- For four filters (three rectangular and one polarization)
- Works up to 15mm full frame without vignetting
- Polarizing filter rotatable from behind
- The safest holder due to secure and fast clamping system
- Works with very handy filter frames
'Next Level' filter holder for 100mm filters
With this filter holder it is possible to position gradient filters quickly and accurately with a rotary knob.
This filter holder has room for 3 rectangular filters (100mm wide and 2mm thick) and a polarizing filter.
The polarizing filter can be operated from the rear while other filters are placed in front of it. We recommend using Benro 's 82mm ( SHDCPL82 or MACPL82 ) polarizing filters. If a different brand filter is used, make sure it is not too thick. If it is too thick, it will not be possible to use the first lock. You can then only use two filters.
Note: For some lenses with a special lens design, the polarizing filter in the holder may cause slight to moderate vignetting at the extreme wide-angle position.
For these lenses we recommend the filter holder for 95mm CPL . So far, the lenses to which this applies are:
- Sony 16-35 f/2.8 GM
- Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 G2
- Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM.
Position gradient filters quickly and accurately with a rotary knob.
Lens rings of 77mm and 82mm are supplied with the holder . The holder is therefore ready for use for lenses with a filter diameter of 77 or 82 mm. To use the filter holder on lenses with filter size 67 or 72mm, specific lens rings are available ( FH100M2LR67 or FH100M2LR72 ). Benro has various Step Down rings for all other thread sizes on the lens.
Two filter frames are supplied with the holder: one for 100x100mm and one for 100x150mm. These filter frames are of course also available separately. If you equip each filter with its own frame, it is not necessary to change it in the field. This makes it possible to work faster and to touch the filters even less (fingerprints).
The Benro FH100M2 is suitable for the following rectangular filters:
- 100mm x 150mm x 2mm (glass or resin) in filter frame FR1015
- 100mm x 100mm x 2mm (glass or resin) in filter frame FR1010
The filter frame for the gradient filters ( FR1015) has a toothing that allows this filter to be positioned quickly and accurately with the red rotary knob. The rotary knob has four different positions (Neutral, A,B,C) with which it is possible to move each gradient filter separately.
The benefits of using frames include:
- the frame locks in the lowest position. This means that the filter can no longer slide out of the bottom of the holder. This also works faster because a 100x100 filter is placed directly in the right place.
- the filter can be gripped by the frame, so the filter stays clean longer without fingerprints
- the filter wears less when sliding in and out
- the frame offers (limited) protection if the filter falls
- the filters are no longer under press the holder. This results in a flatter filter, which improves the sharpness of the photo.
- filter frames can be placed closer to each other than separate filters. As a result, when using frames, the problems of light leakage and reflection are negligible.
Extremely wide angle
Because the guides on the Benro FH100M2 are placed more to the outside, it is possible to photograph with an extremely wide angle without vignetting. The holder has been successfully tested on 15mm fulframe and even 9mm APS-C. The maximum wide angle without vignetting depends on the construction of the lens.
The holder is fastened or loosened with the blue rotary knob. When the blue knob is unscrewed, the holder can be removed very quickly by pulling the spring-loaded red slide back.
It is very easy to attach: the holder automatically clicks into place on the lens ring. This system is therefore faster than most other holders and also much safer than constructions with a spring-loaded catch on the side.
In the package
- 1 x Filter Holder
- 1 x Frame for 100x150mm Filter ( FR1015 )
- 1 x Frame for 100x100mm Filter ( FR1010 )
- 1 x Lens Ring Filter Thread 77mm ( FH100M2LR77 )
- 1 x Lens Ring Filter Thread 82mm ( FH100M2LR82 )
- 1 x Filter Clamp for 82mm Screw Filter ( FTU2 )
- 1 x Instruction Manual
(note: filters CANNOT be used without filter frame)