Sekonic L-478D LiteMaster Pro
Sekonic L-478D LiteMaster Pro
Colour touch screen multi-function light meter with a host of unique cinematography and photography features.
Sekonic's new LITEMASTER PRO L-478D meter is the world's first touch-screen-operated light meter. It has an array of unique, must-have features for both motion and still story tellers. Its compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. The large LCD (2.7") displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
The L-478D can be quickly calibrated to your camera using Sekonic's Data Transfer software and either Sekonic or X-Rite Brand targets or by manually inputting data to the DTS program or on the meter itself.
For Still Photographers
- Full featured Ambient-Flash modes including new T-F mode. Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a color, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results.
- DTS Exposure Profiling matches the meter to the performance of your camera (requires separate Sekonic or X-rite exposure targets and 5-degree finder for L-478). Precise exposure and lighting starts with precise, repeatable metering.
- Cine/HD Cine modes for today's HDSLR and Video Cine cameras. Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both.
- Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection. Create special settings for special applications. Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too.
- Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode. Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger.
- Illumination measurement and extended ISO range. Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today's digital cameras.
|Type:||Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light|
|Receptor Head:||Rotating Domed Head 90° to the right, 180° to the left, Retractable for Contrast Reading|
|Light Receiving Method:||Incident light and reflected light|
|Receptor Incident Light:||Convertible to flat diffuser|
|Receptor Reflected Light:||5° Viewfinder (Separate Accessory)|
|Light Receptor Element:||2-Silicon photo diodes (incident and reflected)|
|Measuring Range and Modes|
|Measuring Modes Ambient Light:||- TF Priority
- HD Cine - Shutter priority metering, FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Lux/FC
- Cine - FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Shutter Angle setting, Lux/FC
- Simple brightness measurement (foot-lambert, cd/m2
- Simple illumination measurement (lux, foot-candle)
- Aperture priority metering
- EV metering
- Shutter priority metering
|Measuring Modes Flash:||- Without synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- With synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
|Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light:||- Incident light EV-2 to EV 22.9
- Reflected light EV3 to EV 19.9 (requires accessory sold separately)
|Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash:||- Incident Light f/1.0 to f/128.9
- Reflected Light f/2.8 to f/128.9 (requires accessory sold separately)
|Measuring Range Illuminance:||0.63 to 2000000lux - 0.10 to 180000FC|
|Measuring Range Brightness:||1 to 980000 cd/m2 - 0.29 to 290000 foot lamberts|
|Display Range and Modes|
|Display Range Film Speed:||ISO 3 to 409600 (in 1/3 steps)|
|Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient:||30 min to 1/64,000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/200, 1/400|
|Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash:||30 min to 1/1000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400|
|Display Range Aperture:||f/0.5 to f/161.2 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)|
|Battery(Power):||(2) Type AAA 1.5V Battery Alkaline, Manganese, Lithium, NiCad, NiMH, nickel types|